About Me

This is an account of my activities, travels, artwork, and the getting to and from a 7 week residency and exhibition at the Klondike Institute of Art and Culture/ODD Gallery in Dawson City, YT, Canada. The dates of the residency are July 4th - August 19th, 2012, however I began traveling on July 2nd since it takes several flights over a day and half to get to get there.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Rain Day (No. 1)

So far when its rained up here its been for a few minutes and then it blows over. Today, however, it came down steadily all day (and is continuing to do so at present...).

Looking out my studio's back window - the top of the Dome was obscured for most of the day...

I ventured out at noon to get a key from Kayla at SOVA to the wood shop there (all access backstage passes to Alice Cooper!!). I'll need to talk them about getting access to the room that has the switches for the wood shop tools however - different key. Within the same room are the hand and power tools as well (I'm looking at needing a heat gun for sure).

To be honest my stomach was upset for most of the day, a combination I think of drinking too much lemon and honey with my tea this morning and not allowing myself to rest since I've gotten here - so much to do, and the clock is ticking!!! So, I called in a rain day, watched a movie in bed ('Fanboys' - which is awesome!!), and drank some ginger/lemongrass tea to settle things down. By the afternoon I felt good enough to do some initial edits of the 'Kame' photos, and think through the materials for some sculptural pieces I want to make while here. Besides that I cooked up some spaghetti and watched Yellowbeard (again) with Andrew. Turning in early tonight, though its supposed to rain through tomorrow...Maybe 2 rain days??

No comments:

Post a Comment